The assignment was to take a traditional block and play with it/modernize it, so here it is. This one is a little too long/too skinny right now, but is currently unquilted so I will play with the proportions before I move on.
Quilt top 2… Improv which is a pretty good way to use up a lot of scraps from other quilts that are sitting in a box on the floor. And now I’ll know to match up the cross strips even though “scrappy” is valued.
Then it was really late and I had some extra fabric on the table so made a little piece – 15″ x 20″ more or less… I like it better!
Made a quilt for a class I am taking online. The assignment was straight lines with complementary colors. I found I am not a fan of those color pairings, but the quilt will work for a baby or for the spring. It is called “Spring has Sprung” and is about 36″ x 45″.
I made a couple of things tonight. First, this earbud case for Kate – the inside is bright red. She had already filled it, so it is bumpy…
And then a case for Rachel’s new computer. The outside is heavy wool and pretty traditional, but those cats decided to play when she opens up the case… Hope it keeps the machine safe and sound, too.
A couple of Christmas presents I just finished. The first is for Dan to hang up at work. The boats are for Dad. Each is about 8″ x 12″ with rings for hanging on the back. Big quilts sitting upstairs that need to be sandwiched then quilted; a little distraction seemed to be in order… ;-]